Friday, June 26, 2009

The Devil's in the Detail

Have you ever heard the saying "the devil's in the detail"? Perhaps you are of my generation and that was a common phrase in your formative years. Perhaps you are of Generation X, Generation Y or whatever the most recent buzz words are. In that case you may have never heard the phrase.

Got to thinking about it today because someone asked me how many books I had sold from my inventory. Good question, must go count. Oh and by the way, who bought them?

Well the anal part of my mind kicked in and you guessed what. I have another Excel spreadsheet that tracks inventory, sales, gifting of copies, cost and profit. The devil may be in the detail but the detail tells me how the devil I am doing. So, is it good or bad? The answer is in the mind of the individual. It works for me but maybe not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment